LMGP Grenoble INP - MINATEC 3, parvis Louis Néel BP 257 38016 GRENOBLE Cedex1
Site internet : http://
François WEISS received an engineer degree in Physics and a master degree in metallurgy at the Grenoble Institut of Technology in 1976.
In 1983 he got a “doctorat d’état” in physics at the same Institut.
From 1986 to 1987, he was invited scientist at the Kernforshungszentrum from Karlsruhe (Germany) working on superconducting materials for the future ITER project.
He is a permanent CNRS researcher at the LMGP in Grenoble since 1979.
He was Vice-president for research at the Grenoble Institut of Technology from 2002 to 2008.
He was Director of the LMGP (Laboratoire des Matériaux et du Génie Physique) from 2003 to 2006 and Deputy Director until 2013.
FWs’ research activities are related to Material Science and Materials Processing (MOCVD, thin films processing, multilayered materials).
The main classes of materials studied are :
• High Tc Superconductors: crystallochemistry, thin films: MOCVD, spray pyrolysis, plasma spray, coated conductors
• Multifonctionnal materials : thin films, superlattices: ferroelectrics, dielectrics, magnetic materials: Study of functional oxide heterostructures, multilayers and superlattices
He has supported 22 PhD thesis and published more than 190 papers in journals, books or proceedings in international conferences, mainly in the field of superconducting materials, thin films multilayers and heterostructures of multifunctional oxides.
• Thin film synthesis by Injection MOCVD
• High Temperature Superconductors. Vortex lattice decoration.
• YBCO Thin films, Coated conductors.
• Investigation of perovskite structures: perovskite heterostructures or superlattices;
• Manganite thin films
• Ferroelectric thin films
Superconductors, oxides, thin films, nanostructures, MOCVD, Chemical deposition processes, perovskite materials, ferroelectrics, dielectrics, magnetorestivity….
linkedIn profile: http://lnkd.in/rMerW9
Rédigé par Francois Weiss
mise à jour le 26 février 2018