Currently, single crystal synthesis of MAX phase, chemical etching and delamination for MXene, and device fabrication of MXene for measurement of electrical properties.
Previous Research Area & Experimental Technique
- 2D or Carbon-based materials synthesis and transfer: CNTs, Chemical vapor deposition (CVD) of graphene and TMDCs, Mechanical exfoliation technique.
- Chemical doping: Dipping, spin-coating, self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) and vapor-phase doping method.
- Device fabrication: Electron-beam lithography technique and stencils mask technique for graphene and CNTs devices (including metal deposition).
- Measurement: Electronic transport in low temperature (Helium or liquid nitrogen based Cryostats or PPMS), magnetic properties in low-temperature (MPMS), scanning electron microscope (SEM), atomic force microscope (AFM), and Raman spectroscopy. LabVIEW programming with GPIB interface (Intermediate), MATLAB (Beginner course).
- Research Interests: I am interested in 1D or 2D materials such as CNTs, Transition metal dicharconides (TMDCs), MXene as well as hetero-structure between 1D and 2D for application to next-generation electronic or opto-electronic devices.
01/03/2012-26/08/2016: Department of Physics & Astronomy, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
Thesis: Optimizing Electrical Properties of Graphene Film by Chemical Doping Methods,
Advisor: Prof. Young Kuk, Co-advisor: Prof. Byung-Hee Hong
01/09/2007-26/08/2009: Department of Physics, Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea
Thesis: Structural and Magnetic Properties of New Magnetic Materials RNi₂Mn (R=Tb, Dy, Ho and Er)
Advisor: Prof. Je-Geun Park
01/03/2001-25/02/2005: Department of Physics, Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea
11/06/2018-Current: Postdoctoral Researcher, Laboratorie des Materiaux et du Genie Physique (LMGP), Grenoble-INP, CNRS, France (advisor: Prof. Thierry Ouisse)
01/10/2016-11/05/2018: Research Associate, Graphene Square Inc., Republic of Korea.
30/09/2009-28/02/2012: Research Assistant (advisor: Prof. Byung Hee Hong), Sungkyunkwan Advanced Institute of Nano-Technology (SAINT), Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea.
01/07/2007-31/08/2007: Research Assistant (advisor: Prof. Je-Geun Park), Department of Physics, Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea.
01/03/2005-30/06/2007: Republic of Korea Army, Republic of Korea.
Rédigé par Youngsoo Kim
mise à jour le 3 décembre 2018